Grant Writing ResourcesFunding received through grant awards can assist organizations in fulfilling their mission. Here are 10 proposal writing tips to help you move toward successful grant applications, by Sandy Rees.
- Get your supporting documents organized.
- Know your programs.
- Identify your target grant funders.
- Research your target grant funders.
- Make sure you have a "hand-in-glove" fit.
- Tickle yourself for grant follow-up.
- Make a "new best friend" with each grantor.
- Get your Board members involved.
- Follow up on proposals that were declined.
- Keep a record of your proposals.
Local and State Funding OrganizationsCooper Foundation
Lincoln Community Foundation
Woods Charitable Foundation
Nebraska Arts Council
Nebraska Humanities Council
Research ToolsLove Library at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln offers comprehensive Foundation Center online resources that allow grant seekers to identify foundations. Access is free but limited to the Love Library building.